Monday, August 2, 2010

The Religion of Christ by David Barton

Thanks be given unto Almighty God therefore, and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die and after that the judgment HEBREWS 9:27 principally, I give and recommend my soul into the hands of Almighty God who gave it and my body to the earth to be buried in a decent and Christian like manner to receive the same again at the general resurrection by the mighty power of God. John Hart, Signer of the Declaration

This is all the inheritance I can give to my dear family. The religion of Christ can give them one which will make them rich indeed. Patrick Henry

Unto Him who is the author and giver of all good, I render sincere and humble thanks for His manifold and unmerited blessings, and especially for our redemption and salvation by His beloved Son. Blessed be His holy name. John jay, Original Chief Justice U. S. Supreme Court

My soul I resign into the hands of my Almighty Creator, whose tender mercies are all over His works, who hateth nothing that He hath made, and to the justice and wisdom of whose dispensations I willingly and cheerfully submit, humbly hoping from His unbounded mercy and benevolence, through the merits of my blessed Savior, a remission of my sins. George Mason, Father of Bill of Rights

With an awful reverence to the Great Almighty God, Creator of all mankind, being sick and weak in body but of sound mind and memory, thanks be given to Almighty God for the same. John Morton, Signer of the Declaration

I am constrained to express my adoration of the Supreme Being, the Author of my existence, in full belief of His Providential goodness and His forgiving mercy revealed to the world through Jesus Christ, through whom I hope for never ending happiness in a future state. Robert Treat Paine, Signer of the Declaration

To the eternal and only true God be all honor and glory now and forever. Amen! Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, Signer of the Constitution

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.